We are America’s largest junior road cycling racing program, based out of Irvine, California.
Our riders are from all parts of Orange County and beyond. The team has grown from a small group of 6 passionate junior riders in 2008 to a large, 40+ member community today. We welcome riders of all skill levels and will help accommodate their goals and needs. We strive to help our riders learn about the sport of road cycling. Whether it’s racing or making new friends, our goal is to HAVE FUN.
All levels of cyclists are welcome to join. We are an inclusive and welcoming group of safe adult leaders and friendly kids and teenagers.
Learn about our club activities and benefits
- Training rides – We regularly have team group rides during Saturday mornings. Rides are of varying distances and intensities, but are usually two hours in length. Each ride focuses on a different goal, depending upon our needs for upcoming races. An adult leader is always present for safety! Parents are always welcome and encouraged to ride with us
- Coaching – Our team has access to a professional cycling coach at exceptional team pricing. Coaching is completely optional and there’s no obligation or pressure… it’s your choice!
- Team Sponsorships – Exclusive access to great sponsor discounts for cycling and other products.
- Mechanical and System Support – We’ll show you what equipment you need to do junior racing… and can help you get your bike into good shape and “race ready”. We’ll guide you through the confusion of getting a race license, race registration and enrollment, what forms to fill out, where those bib numbers go, warm ups. race rules, gear “rollouts”, scoring and much, much more!
- Social events – Sure, we’re serious cyclists, but we also like each other, too! Our athletes… and parents… have become good friends through cycling!
Learn about competitive junior cycling
- We support many races across Southern California as well as some events in Nevada and Arizona. There are as many as 15 junior-specific events in a year. Do as few or as many as you wish! The more you do, the better you get… and the more fun you’ll have! Race “season” is early February to early September, but there are other race opportunities in the off-season, too.
- Our team participates in all types of junior-specific road cycling events
- Criteriums / Circuit Races: 30 minute races consisting of multiple laps on closed roads
- Road Races: longer races (age-appropriate) on rural roads
- Time Trials: racing against the clock for the best time
- Stage Races: a multi-event race with Criterium, Road Race and Time Trial elements
- You can also experiment with non-road cycling, by participating in Cyclocross, Mountain biking or Track (velodrome) racing!
- New to the sport?
- If you have questions about getting into the sport, don’t be afraid to ask!
- What does it cost? – Assuming you have a good working road bike that’s junior “legal”, a good helmet and some road cycling attire (cycling shorts, shoes, etc.), your costs could be limited to Team Velosport membership / jersey, a USAC license, and race enrollment fees. Everything else is optional!
Learn about our elite team
In 2013 we introduced an Elite level team for riders with a high level of dedication and passion for the sport. This elite team is supported by many great sponsor items including fully equipped Specialized bikes. The support provided to our Elite members gives them the tools they need to excel to the highest levels of racing.
If you’re between the ages of 10 and 18… have a good road bike and a helmet… and a desire for some healthy fun and exercise… then come join us!